Monday, July 14, 2008

Obligatory Introductory Post

I've found it difficult to maintain multiple blogs; I have a nice LiveJournal that does the trick for my general "life and whatnot" posts. I'm going to try a separate blog here to document my crafty endeavors.

I'm a graduate student who just happens to like sewing and other artsy-fartsy activities. Sometimes this is a good thing - creative outlets are a must when you're studying your brains out. Other times, it's a too-fun distraction. For example, I should be studying for my prelims which are less than a month away. What am I doing instead? Making a blog. Priorities!

Lately I have been collecting vintage patterns, and I've signed up over at the Vintage Sewing Patterns Wiki, so I'll try to cross-reference my posts there and here. I will also use this blog to document the progress of whatever I'm sewing or crafting. I should warn you that I quilt, sew clothes, sew costumes, make jewelry, paint, cook, and garden. I'm a regular June Cleaver - except for the kids. I'm going to give birth to a dissertation in a couple of years, does that count?

So wish me luck, I've tried to maintain more than one blog before and it is tricky. Hope to make some new friends here.

No comments: