Monday, July 28, 2008

Cmon baby, finish whatcha started



Don't you hate finding halfway completed projects? Like a pattern that's been cut out but that's it, or a dress that's mostly done but why didn't it get finished? Well, no more - for me, anyway. I've promised myself to finish one project before starting another.

So here is the newly completed Vogue 9959, a now-discontinued pattern for LONG skirts. At the time I was thinking that long was the way to go, after all, I'm 5'8" so I can carry it off, right? And the drawings look so very fashion-forward. Only now that I've seen myself in it I'm thinking it's a bit too long. Which is very easy to fix. Besides, how will people see my knee-high, black, lace up Mudd boots with such a long skirt? The fabric is that wonderful skull bandanna fabric in black. I have to resist the urge to buy more of it whenever I see it.

2 comments:

potsy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gabriella said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog. I've bookmarked yours. :) I am loving the skull skirt! That fabric is so clever.